We Respect Your Privacy
At MyTicket the security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
What kinds of personal information does MyTicket Indonesia collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (ex. your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How does MyTicket collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our network which includes our website, mobile site, call center, group bookings, agency network or ticket box;
- participate in a MyTicket survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from MyTicket;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
- our related companies which include PT Ticketing Management Indonesia
- people making a purchase on your behalf;
- our business clients such as venues, promoters; or
- third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business.
Also, from time to time MyTicket collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. MyTicket’s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does MyTicket hold personal information?
MyTicket may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about you, including information that we receive from third parties. We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
MyTicket protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. It is in proprietary data format, which can only be read using proprietary tools.
Data collected online is stored in a Microsoft SQL database; a protected, secure data center that is unreachable by the internet. MyTicket encrypts data sent from your computer to our systems during internet transactions. MyTicket also employs firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorized persons and viruses from entering our systems.
MyTicket employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by MyTicket as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. They are also required sign in and use a password when accessing MyTicket systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which MyTicket may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, MyTicket only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which MyTicket collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfill your orders for tickets (or other items) from us;
- to contact you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets;
- to assist in identifying ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the products and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies to promote their products and services to you and those of their partners;
- so that venue operators and promoters of events for which you purchase tickets and authorized ticket on sellers can use it for operational purposes;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorized ticket on-selling;
- for business research and development of new products and services;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
As set out above, MyTicket may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organizations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact us.
Sometimes MyTicket extracts information from our collected records to produce aggregated data. This aggregated data does not identify individuals. MyTicket uses the aggregated data for research purposes and may share the data with third parties.
Who might MyTicket disclose my personal information to?
MyTicket may disclose your personal information:
- to third party contractors and service providers who help us operate our business or provide a service to you. MyTicket may disclose your personal information to third party contractors and service providers who, for example, help us operate our computer systems, provide us with fraud prevention services, operate certain features accessible from our website such as the Advertising platform, send out our mail/email and clean collected data and who perform data analysis to group demographic attributes of individuals.
- to venue operators and to promoters of events for which you purchase tickets. MyTicket discloses your personal information to such organizations for operational purposes and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about their events by ordinary post. If you consent, these organizations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material about their events via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organizations which have obtained your information. If you do not have their details, you can contact us directly;
- to authorized ticket on-sellers who (unless they obtain a separate consent from you) use it for operational purposes only, for example, to provide you with additional information about the event or venue that you are attending;
Otherwise, MyTicket will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act; or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Does MyTicket disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
Some of the recipients to whom we disclose personal information may be located overseas, most likely in Asia, Malaysia and Australia although the countries where such recipients are located may vary. For example, from time to time we disclose personal information to our related company, MyTicket Asia
What happens if MyTicket does not collect my personal information?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option of not providing personal information, or of using a pseudonym, when you deal with MyTicket. For most events, you may be able to make a cash transaction at a MyTicket retail agency without providing personal information.
However, if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we will not be able to contact you in the case of an event cancellation or venue change or we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
Sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-MyTicket website, please understand that MyTicket is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, MyTicket has relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our website or mobile site, ad serving companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and click-stream information. For further information about this, we suggest you refer to the privacy policies of Google Analytics (www.google.com/policies/privacy).
Access and Correction
We will always endeavor to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days.